Statesboro DUI Defense Attorney
Criminal Defense in Bulloch County Since 1997
Like all states, Georgia prohibits driving while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs and punishes anyone convicted of this offense with harsh penalties. If you are facing DUI charges in or around Bulloch County, your first order of business should be to retain the services of an attorney who is experienced in DUI defense.
You may think the state’s evidence is stacked against you, but you are never guilty until proven so beyond a reasonable doubt. There are many reasonable defenses against DUI charges related to police procedure, probable cause, technical flaws and errors, breathalyzer inaccuracies, and more. At Gabe T. Cliett P.C, Attorney at Law, we are skilled and ready to investigate and analyze your case to build a credible and aggressive defense.
Georgia’s DUI Laws
In Georgia, you can be arrested for DUI in the following situations:
- You blew .08 percent BAC or higher on a breathalyzer test as an adult driver, .02 percent or higher as an under 21 driver, or .04 percent as a commercial driver, regardless of whether you appeared impaired or not
- You were in physical control of a vehicle while demonstrating impairment due to being under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- You had any amount of marijuana or other drug-related substances in your system
Penalties are based on whether it is a first offense or subsequent one.
First-offense DUIs carry possible penalties of:
- Jail time of 10 days up to a year
- Fines ranging from $300 up to $1,000
- 20 hours or more of community service
- Up to a year of probation
- A potential drug or alcohol treatment program
Furthermore, you will have your license suspended for a year. It can only be reinstated after waiting a certain amount of time, completing a DUI education program, and paying a reinstatement fee. Penalties for a blood alcohol concentration of .15 percent or higher are harsher on a first offense. Second, third, and subsequent conviction penalties are also increased with each additional offense.
If you were found driving under the influence with a minor in the car, you may be charged with the separate offense of child endangerment which can add additional fines and/or jail time.
Our Firm is Here for You in Georgia DUI Cases
Gabe T. Cliett P.C., Attorney at Law understands the high stakes involved in any DUI case. Our team can deconstruct the evidence presented by the state to help you seek a favorable result. We are here to answer your questions, listen to your concerns, hear your side of the story, and to explore all legal avenues in your defense. When it comes to DUI or any criminal offense, experience counts. Our DUI lawyer in Statesboro has an abundance of experience and a strong background of successful results in fighting criminal charges in Bulloch County.
Call our Statesboro DUI defense attorney at (912) 274-7752 to learn more about your case and how we can help.